INVITATION FOR BIDS
Date: 15 September 2017
Loan No. and Title: 2929-VIE (SF): Second Upper Secondary Education Development Project
Contract No. and Title: 2.a.2: New Facility Development of USS in Disadvantaged Districts – Provision of Equipment for Newly Constructed Schools (Package 1: 33 schools, Package 2: 33 schools, Package 3: 34 schools, Package 4: 33 schools)
Deadline for Submission of Bids: 30 October 2017; 9:30 hours (VietNam Time)
1. The Socialist Republic of Viet Nam has received a loan from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of the Second Upper Secondary Education Development Project (SUSEDP), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payments under the contracts named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source countries of the ADB.
2. Assigned by the Ministry of Education and Training equipment (teaching aids) at the following newly built schools under the Project:
Package 1: 33 schools (33 provinces in Northern areas)
Package 2: 33 schools (33 provinces in Central areas)
Package 3: 34 schools (34 provinces in Central Highland areas)
Package 4: 33 schools (33 provinces in Southern areas)
Each package (contract) comprises the following:
- Equipment for IT room and library (e.g., computers, laptops, printers);
- Teaching equipment and audio visual equipment (e.g., projectors, audio equipment, camera);
- Office equipment (e.g., photocopier, fax).
Details and specifications are provided in the Bidding Document.
3. Interested Bidders must have specific experience or capabilities such as:
- Contractual experience: Successful completion as main supplier within the last five (5) years of at least three (3) contracts each valued at least US$ 1,320,000 (for packages 1, 2, 4); US$ 1,360,000 (for package 3) with nature, and complexity similar to the scope of supply;
- Size of operation: Minimum average annual turnover of US$ 10 million (for packages 1, 2, 4); US$ 10.3 million (for package 3). In case of joint venture one partner must meet 40 percent of the requirement; each partner must meet 25 percent of the requirement.
- Cash flow capacity: Availability of or access to liquid assets, lines of credit, and other finances sufficient to meet cash flow requirement which is US$ 1,650,000 (for packages 1, 2, 4); US$ 1,700,000 (for package 3). In case of joint venture one partner must meet 40 percent of the requirement; each partner must meet 25 percent of the requirement.
4. International Competitive Bidding (ICB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage: One Envelope procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible source countries as described in the Bidding Documents.
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from the CPMU and inspect the Bidding Document at the address given below from 8:00 hours to 17:00 hours; Monday to Friday.
6. There are four Bidding Documents corresponding to the four packages. Bidding Documents, in the English language, may be purchased by interested Bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of VND 3,400,000 or US$ 150 each. The method of payment will be in cash or direct deposit to the account as follows:
Account Name: Second Upper Secondary Education Development Project (Dự án Phát triển Giáo dục Trung học Phổ thông giai đoạn 2)
Account No: 1300201228935 (in USD)
Account No. 1300201228912 (in VND)
SWIFT Code. VBAAVNVX403
Name and address of Bank: VIETNAM BANK FOR AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT. Thang Long Branch, 4 Pham Ngoc Thach Street, Hanoi, Vietnam
Bank Name: Citibank N.A
Account No. of Payee’s Bank: 36110148
SWIFT Code: CITIUS33
The document will be sent by airmail for overseas delivery and surface mail or courier for local delivery. No liability will be accepted for loss or late delivery.
7. Bids must be delivered to the Meeting Hall on the 2nd floor at the address below at or before 9:30 hours on 30 October 2017 (Viet Nam time). All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security in the amount as described in the Bidding Document. Late bids shall be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below at 10:00 hours on 30 October 2017.
8. The CPMU will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by Bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of bids.
The address referred to above is as follows:
Second Upper Secondary Education Development Project
ADB Loan No. 2929-VIE(SF)
Attention: Dr. Nguyen Hong Hai, Project Director
No. 112 Trung Hoa Street, Trung Hoa Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi, Vietnam
Telephone: +84 2(4) 37836101/02/03 ext. 321, 322
Fax: +84 2(4) 7833030